The City of Atlantic City’s Department of Public Works (DPW) aims to provide a clean environment for its residents, visitors and employees. To preserve the City’s infrastructure and its facilities. To promote public relations through courteous and timely customer service and efficient use of available resources.
The Department of Public Works performs all appropriate functions associated with the following:
- Preparation of plans and specifications for public improvements and supervision of contracts.
- Provision of engineering services to City agencies.
- Operation and maintenance of sanitary sewers.
- Maintenance of streets, roads, bridges and storm drains.
- Construction and reconstruction of roads, streets, buildings and other structures.
- Collection and disposal of garbage and trash, and such other duties as may be assigned.
There are 12 divisions under the Department of Public Works: Office of the Director, Beach & Boardwalk, Building Maintenance, Electrical Bureau, Engineering, Facilities, Gardner’s Basin, Parks and Public Property, Recreation, Sanitation, Streets, Youth Services/Recreation.
*Concerns are reviewed during regular business hours, Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. All requests will be reviewed and addressed in accordance with City of Atlantic City policies and within the limits of available resources.