Welcome to the Mayor’s Office of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer (LGBTQ+) Affairs!
The Mayor’s Office of LGBTQ+ Affairs was created in 2021 under Mayor Marty Small, Sr. to foster equitable living and working conditions for residents who identify as LGBTQ+ and to advocate for LGBTQ+ issues in all areas of City Government. The office aims to:
- Connect Atlantic City LGBTQ+ residents to the services and support they may need
- Help enact policies and programs to meet the City’s diversity, access, inclusion, and equity (DAIE) goals
- Coordinate among City departments to improve the LGBTQ+ community’s access to services
- Provide education on grants available to community-based organizations who serve the LGBTQ+ community
- Support the growth and development of the City’s LGBTQ+ communities and serve as a liaison between the area’s LGBTQ communities/organizations and the City.
- Host events that enrich, promote, and bring together the LGBTQ+ community of Atlantic City
To learn more about how the Mayor’s Office of LGBTQ+ Affairs can help you navigate through City government, please contact LGBTQ+ Liaison and Programs and Services Coordinator Judah Dorrington.